Help With Computer? Please.

Bronze Member
Username: Juchito97

Post Number: 90
I got windows xp. i have a virus , that simple. But, this is the problem. i download a virus software but when i try to opened there a small windows that pop up in black and say "program too big to fix in memory" so i cant install the software and the virus still in the computer. i also try to do a system restore but when i click "system restore" the small black window also appear with the same msg. the window shows up with that msg but disappear real fast. So what can i do? if i can install the software i know will kill the virus.

Username: Mrhilux

Post Number: 1
try loading windows in safe mode by pressing f8 while it's loading.
if this dosnt work then their is a chance thats the virus is in your registery in this case i would just reinstall windows again. If you do this dont repair windows just install a new copy. just follow the instructions . if you do something wrong you will just lose any info the you had. dont fromat the hard drive.

Username: Gurugulabkhatri

Post Number: 4
I think you have to reinstall window.

Username: Cyam

Post Number: 2
If it does not boot in safe mode then you will have to reinstall windows XP. You can pull out your hard drive so it isn't wiped clean, but you'll have to swap it out. You may be able to save some of your files on your old HD if they weren't corrupted, but many times its better, and less risky, just to start over with a clean HD. I've had to rebuild my computers about 3 times and this works. To install XP again, just pop in the original disk and make sure you have the code for it and follow the directions. Pretty easy to do and takes about 3-5 hours. On the plus side, your system will run faster after this. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us