EpsonScan ERROR message" Cannot Find Necess....."

Bronze Member
Username: Bozobyte

Where Micky mouse lives, CA Good Ol U.S....

Post Number: 20
Hello,
I have WindowsXP (2nd ED.) Intel Core2 2.4 GHz / Q6600/3.25DDR RAM/

When I first installed my WinXP a year and a half ago, my C-82 Epson printer and my Epson 2400 Photo Scanner worked like a charm. Then, mysteriously, without doing or changing anything, when I clicked on the EPSON SCAN to scan some photos, I saw this error message from EPSON SCAN..."Epson Scan - Cannot find necessary files. Please re-install the software". I contacted Epson Tech support, and they sent me troubleshooting ideas of which nothing worked. They also told me to re-insert my WinXP Pro CD, and reload files, but that never worked too.

Oddly, my 2400 photo scanner works with my old Win XP, on another old, slower computer I have for backup, but unplugging and re-plugging that old computer just to use the scanner is counter-productive and a pain in the butt.

Yesterday, my Epson printer C-82 died. Since that was a dedicated printer only, I decided to opt for a refurbished All-In-One Epson NX300. I bought it @ Fry's. ($39.99 + $19.99 for a two year replacement warranty) I NEVER have bought refurbs before!

After installing the printer, then the software, everything (copier/printer/fax) works except the scanner, because I am getting the same error message when I want to scan something..."Epson Scan - Cannot find necessary files. Please re-install the software".

I uninstalled the (new) printer and all the software associated with it, and tried this three more times with the same bad outcome. These necessary files are not found on my XP CD to get my scanner to work properly.

Does anyone know EXACTLY what files I would need from Microsoft to get this scanner to work? I could reformat my two drives, and re-install the XP again, and ALL my Applications, not to mention having Firefox browser, I would lose all of my hundreds of Favorites/Bookmarks, a huge sacrifice for the sake of using a scanner, I know.

Username: Henrydevid

Alaska, Arizona United States

Post Number: 2
Not only you many people face this problem when they try to print something they face thats kind of glitch, but this is also happening for some reason first if you use the defective product or your internet connection is slow, so I suggest you to go Netgear Technical Support they told you how to fix it in a quick way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us