512 mb ram

Username: Marlakh21

Cowden, IL United States

Post Number: 1
ok this is the deal i am suppose to be running 512 mb ram and ma oly running 368 mb, i use to run at 512 but some thing happend. i can no longer use my printer is there any way to cahnge the settings back to default with out using the recovery disk?

Username: Spin

Canada

Post Number: 7
do you have on board video? Your pc could be sharing your ram with on board video. There are settings in your bios to change it. Maybe if that is what is going on you can change the amount of ram used for video in your bios settings. Usually you hit a key while booting to enter the bios. Then look for the on board video settings and lower the amount of ram it can use.

Bronze Member
Username: Pjmaster

United Kingdom

Post Number: 14
There might be some problem within your system. Some spyware tends to use a lot of memory from the pc. I recommend you go for a anti-spyware to sort out the problem.

Username: Peter_benders

Sandiego, CA US

ok the problem may be in the ram itself. check for any problems if not the problem may be one of the above ones

Username: Marlakh21

Cowden, IL United States

Post Number: 2
none of the above is the problem every thing i try ends up telling me i have a virtual memory error. so i would say it is the ram itself. any suggestion on how to fix?

Bronze Member
Username: Kngsze

Post Number: 24
You cannot fix faulty RAM. Download MEMTest 86 (its free) and run it to see if it show any errors (you need to brun to CD and boot from the CD).

Your best option would be to get some new RAM and of course, upgrade while you are there. It's 2009 and your still running 512. Go to 1GB at least!

Username: Marksmith

City, State United States

There might be some problem...you can recover default setting using restore point...if in case you lost some of your data...you can use data recovry software from recoverybull software...

Mark Smith
http://www.recoverybull.com

Username: Gurugulabkhatri

Post Number: 5
I am not able to understand your actual problem, explain in detail your problem

Bronze Member
Username: Gibslara

Post Number: 17
Dear ,512 mb ram is not using in upcoming computer. This was a oldest technology to use 512mb ram in system. I think you should buy 1gb ram to make your system more attractive.

Username: Ironheart

Plymouth, Ma The best one...

Post Number: 7
I'm guessing that's not DDR ram
More like PC100 PC133 SDRAM. If so I have a bunch of it laying around I can send ya gigs of it Just let me know the size PC if you pay the shipping you can have it. 2 512 sticks should fix you up, Ya think?

Username: Ironheart

Plymouth, Ma The best one...

Post Number: 8
Better yet & not to knock your PC but at the local landfill where I live people drop off their old PC's & there is a bounty of old parts just waiting to be mined I mean my stuff is from my older PC's I just keep everything .Its worth a look if your still looking that is

Username: Camar

Post Number: 10
Upgrade your RAm to 2gb
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help