Got picture for my laptop to tv but no sound?

Username: Pickles68

Post Number: 1
Hi
I have connected my laptop to tv using a vga to vga cable.... (think thats what its called, lol)....anyways, got a great picture, sound coming from the laptop but not from the tv speakers....any help greatly appreciated........
Ta!
Clare x

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1033
alice,

You need an adapter like this. 3.5 mm to RCA.
http://www.iwonatec.de/product_info.php?cPath=195_196&products_id=2462&awsid=cdc56d6c17e47ba7300db0a8f3759966

Post Number: 2
so this goes into the laptop, but what is put in at the other end?? (sorry if i sound dduuuhhh but I ain't got much of a clue! lol x)
Clare x

Username: Numan2good

Post Number: 8
man which TV are you using....
i need some of the detail how have you done that...
like which input you use on the TV side?
or is there any other device so we can attach laptop to our TV i m using VIZIO lcd.....
any reply would be highly appriciated....

Post Number: 3
its a LG tv scarlet. I am using the vga plug at the back.... this then attached to my laptop again through the VGA port. great pic, no sound....

Username: Numan2good

Post Number: 9
hello alice jones
well i am having a vizio LCD and i have configured how i can attach my laptop to it///
i can help you out with your audio thing..
you just need a 3.5 mm audio cable with same male pins on both sides like we use with the usual headsets or ipod headsets..
then you just see where u have input the VGA cable in the TV set you should see the female jack there just plug one side there and other in the laptop..i hope this will work out with the audio problem of yours...
did you got what i am trying to say?

Bronze Member
Username: Paulie0117

Cambridge, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 15
Numan is correct be the way.
You need additional (headphone to jacks) adapter installed into your (audio in) section at the back of your tube. Ya can make them yourself by splicing the end piece of an headphone or earpiece set to a pair of spare audio jacks....Good Luck.}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us