Username: Ccbeaches08

Post Number: 5
Hey So Heres The Specs:

Case: Uber Chakra by Enermax

Motherboard: nForce 750i SLI Mainboard

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad

Video Card: XFX GeForce 9800 GT XXX 512MB GDDR3 PCIe 2.0 Graphics Card

Hard Drive: Western Digital 320GB Internal SATA HD

RAM: Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Memory 4GB (2 2gb Cards)

Disc Drives: 2x Superwritemaster DVD RW Drives

Power Supply: Coolmaster Real Power Pro 750w Supply

The issue me and my friend are having when building this is as follow. We currently have everything installed into the case, and have attempted to boot up the PC. The Post code shows FF (meaning boot) and we have it hooked up to my 32" Sharp Aquos v.i.a S-Video. We get to the boot up screen which is blue, and the pc, either then or before that, shuts itself down for no reason. We replaced the power supply already so we know it is not faulty.

Suggestions?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12245
It's a hardware issue of some sort.

Start by removing everything not needed for initial bootup sequence.
no drives, no cards etc.. just the main board, RAM, CPU, and video card.

see if it boots with those. If it does, add one item back at a time till you find the culprit.
If it does not boot at that point it is most likely bad RAM, a bad video card, or more likely the mainboard's BIOS settings or a bad board.

If you are trying to overclock, don't try till you have an OS securely installed. overclocking really screws with a number of operating systems during initial install, but they work fine with OCing after installation.

Username: Ccbeaches08

Post Number: 6
never mind glass wolf, we were stupid and forgot to add silver thermal compound to the top of the processor and bottom of our heatsink.... thus the processor was telling the comp to shut down..... its up and running :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9162
Wow. That processor will never be the same. Thank god the thing is still working now, thermal paste or a thermal pad is the most important thing in your cooling. Without it a heatsink does almost nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9163
Nice choice on the video card, I hope you got a good deal on it.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12250
they are nice cards.
I'm using two 9800GTX cards in SLI on this box, with the HDMI audio cable connected to the audio chipset's optical output, so I can use my DVI to HDMI adapter and run an HDMI cable for A/V to my AV receiver.. it's pretty nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us