Using my monitor as a tv

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 362
So.. I got the Acer x213w for my desktop and it's great.. I also have a TV in my bedroom that takes up way too much space. I was wondering if I can use a HDMI to DVI cable to connect my Sasktel max box to my monitor? I tried this and my monitor displays "no signal" so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the signal (analog or digital) setting of both the monitor and max box. Can anyone tell me anything about this or why it may not work?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8856
What you can do is get yourself a TV tuner card, install it and enjoy it that way. Be aware that those cards can increase case temps 10 degrees. You can also watch the majority of your favorite shows online. All you have to do is search a bit and you can find anything.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4115
i got a ati hdtv card but it dont ever seem to work... i tryed all drivers reinstalled pc and installed fresh and such it never worked so i either got a bad card or suggest never getting one of those cards cuz they are a pain to get working... i kinda think there somthing wrong with my card tho...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8968
Are you sure that your slot works that it's plugged in to? I'm sure you used a wrist grounding strap or anti-static gloves when you installed the hardware correct? Did you make sure the device is being detected?

Username: Tradestead123

Post Number: 7
the normal monitor can not be used as a TV , but now there are some monitor that not only can be used as a computer monitor but also can be a good TV , this type may be meet your need!

Username: Favordeals

Post Number: 1
I found a solution it migh help, http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-an-LCD-Monitor-as-a-TV-without-a-Computer/
by the way, you can also pick up one versatile mornitor when buy computer, it is inexpensive.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 16002
i couldnt get my new tv tuner to work with my satellite either
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums