Upgrading CPU, Possible Or Not?

Bronze Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 47
Hello budz,
Check this out. I got compaq c306us notebook. It comes with Intel Celeron M 1.7ghz. It is socket 479 codeman Yonah. I have uploaded two images that would explain more. What I wanna do is upgrade my cpu. I want to have something like core duo t2600 or something better like core 2 duo, core 2 quad or whatever supported by the motherboard. I contacted hp and they don't know a thing. some are saying I can and others are say I can't upgrade. So, I'm just left to wonder WTF. If I can't upgrade, is it because of voltage, its gonna run hotter, need a new faster fan and better heatsink. I mean what is there that would prevent the upgrade. I just wanna upgrade. so please advise. There's another thing I want to mention here. I just visited hp website and found maintenance and service manual. It is here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00753552.pdf Page 159 and 160 of the manual are pretty interesting. It shows processors available for this computer. But HP tech guy said, I can only replace with similar cpu. Not only that, before he could even say that, he said cpus are "integrated" into the motherboard and never be upgraded. So, I'm just thinking they are making up $hit and don't know a thing. So, please help me out. Any help be greatly appreciated.Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us