Great Design, But Not Crazy About Apple MacBook

Username: Goueide

Post Number: 1
I like Apple MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz - 15.4" TFT - MB133B/A
This is a beautifully designed laptop in every sense. It is compact, light, smart, and great looking. The aluminum case is rugged and durable. The magnetic power adapter is genius. The keyboard is the most comfortable keyboard I have ever used. The auto-dimming screen and keyboard lighting is awesome. It is also extremely light for the size and comfortable to carry. Quite frankly, for $2000 I would expect nothing less! I ordered a Apple MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz five days ago, 938 Euros. I get it today. very good ,

My problem is with the OS. It supposedly has a reputation for not crashing, yet it crashed twice the first day I got it while trying to use Open Office (a program I used on my PC regularly with no problems). Additionally, I've had problems with the Finder- I would click on "Go" - "Applications" or another menu choice, and the window would appear for a nano-second and then disappear. Very buggy. I had to restart to get this to correct itself.

Overall, the sturdiness and design is great, but I am unimpressed with the operating system. Mac people have the perception that Windows crashes all the time, and that has not been my experience at all, and I'm actually having more trouble with Leopard than I have ever had with Windows.

That said, with the fact that no other company offers a laptop option that is as attractive in design as Apple, this was really my only choice, and I do not regret it. It has been worth the minor inconvenience I've had so far and I must admit some aspects of the OS are pretty cool, such as the stacks feature. Hopefully it stops getting buggy on me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us