Why vista slower than xp ?

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Post Number: 183
Why vista notebook taking longer time to open compare with xp? I mean after pressing the power button on both together.Window xp is ready to go line faster compare with window vista.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2907
vista is a resource hog. remember, it is new and has bugs to be worked out.
also, u could have a better computer with the one running xp?

Bronze Member
Username: Roemeo345

Post Number: 28
many programs are running on start up delete the ones you dont want there are a lot of games office even if you dont buy its still in start menu if you dontneed it delete it sons brand new acer took 9 min to load deleted what wasnt needed improved boot speed we didnt like vista so in the end reformatted to xp

Bronze Member
Username: Peter_benders

Sandiego, CA US

Post Number: 13
XP is much faster compared to Vista. Too many bugs in it

Bronze Member
Username: Eatisa

Post Number: 12
I second that opinion, i am back to my good old XP, after a small stint with Vista! i am more comfortable with XP

Username: Dimyself

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I would think different computers have different startup programs, so you could have more w/ your Vista computer. I use to be an avid WinXP Pro user and swore by it. I didn't get Vista until it came with my newest laptop which runs Vista64, I've since then started to forget WinXp :P

Username: Abner

Post Number: 1
Hi,
Upto my knowledge Vista requires twice the computing power and resources to operate at a performance level similar to that of Windows XP..RAM is the main problem Vista as it requires 2GB or more of memory and requires compatible flash drive or flash card...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us