Compaq Presario 6000 Problem

Silver Member
Username: Nassa

Post Number: 101
Hey, i have...or had a compaq persario 6000, and all of a sudden i got the blue screen of death,this was normal as my computer got it about 1or 2 times weekly. but this time i restarted the computer, and it didn't connect to my monitor. my monitor said, no signal. So i thought my harddrive crashed, i put my harddrive into my other cmputer as the secondary drive, and i could access my files, so my harddrive is not messed. When it boots up it doesn't make its normal sounds, like the fans and everthing is working, but theres not light flashing. I don't know how to tell if my memory is messed, but i don't think its my memory cuz there was not beeping from the cpu. so now im thinkin its the motherboard? tell me what you think:-) and if theres a solution.

Bronze Member
Username: Kngsze

Post Number: 20
The most common cause for a PC to absolutely NOTHING when turned on is either dead RAM or desd CPU. The only way to really test this is to try a different RAM/CPU. You can download a program like "MEMTest 88" (not sure if it is 88) which will test your RAM. But if you are not even getting POST or BIOS, I would think its the CPU
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us