Connecting notebook to TV

Username: Nenniegirl

Reading, PA USA

Post Number: 1
Hello, I am trying to connect my notebook computer to my TV so that I can work on a yearbook for the middle school I work at. I have a rgb to audio/video cord, but the cord has a blue, green, and red connector (not the normal red, yellow, and white). I am really confused. I also have a DVR hooked to the TV for HD. Can I somehow hook the computer to the DVR box and change some setting?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15540
What kind of outputs does your laptop have?

Bronze Member
Username: Dnvrguy

Post Number: 34
hi guys, i have the same prb, my computer output is VGA and in the other side of the cable i have red,green and blue. i hooked up the cable and i got black pic on tv. plz help

Username: Leos

Granard, Co longford Ireland

hey .similar problem . i'm using an inspiron 6400 with xp . i have linked the laptop to tv through s video , however i can only get a picture on the tv when the laptop is closed and this sends the laptop into stand by . back to square one . help ! please !!

Username: Mtolympusdanesaolcom

Lebanon, Oregon United States

Okay, seems like everyone who posts a question gets a solution on this site. I have an issue. I have a notebook: hp pavillion dv9000. I have a tv: ilo lcd 42" flatscreen. There are all these hookup slots in the back of the tv and the sides of my laptop. I connected a svga cord from the laptop to the tv, and a stereo y adapter. I get audio, but to video. What do I do? Is there a setting I don't know about on the tv, or a setting I need to change on the laptop? Help!!! It's so frustrating.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us