Question about S-Video Cords

Username: Xxinsatiable

Post Number: 1
Hi

A while ago I got a http://www.nvidia.com/page/fx_5200.html and noticed it had a plug-in on the back for connecting it up to the TV.

A friend told me I'd need to get a s-video cord, was wondering if there's any specific type or if I can just go into a Future Shop and ask for a s-video cord? I'm pretty computer slow if you haven't noticed, so I wasn't sure. Haha.

Also, the original graphics card I had was an integrated one so for some reason it thinks I have 2 monitors so for example when i download something on firefox even though it says it downloads to desktop I can't see any of the files on my desktop, when i screenshot things it makes it look as if i have 2 screens side by side. any suggestions?

thanks for any replies, I appreciate it.

Username: Xxinsatiable

Post Number: 2
http://i7.tinypic.com/86ies84.jpg

this is what it looks like when you try and screenshot.

Bronze Member
Username: Db10

Post Number: 12
All s-video cords are the same. It's pretty expensive because is gives you nicer data transfer than regular rca jack cords. You will notice that the ends are circular and usually harder to connect up at the connections...line the plastic thingy in the middle properly when connecting.

As for your new video card, you need to update your pc driver to get the full benefits of the nvida card! You may have to go and choice which video card to use (under control panel/system/hardware/device manager/display adapters). I've never connected an external video card with a built in video card. Check to make sure that the computer is using the new video card.

Username: Goswald

Post Number: 1
I connected a s video cable to my computer from a cable box. How do I watch the cable box on my computer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us