Very slow to boot up

Username: Db10

Post Number: 3
My Sony Vaio takes over 5 minutes to boot up. I'm having some software issues I think. I've tried changing the boot sequence to only boot up the necessary files to start window XP but it doesn't help. I've tried to scan with anti-virus scan programs and they found nothing wrong. Short of formatting the hardrive and re-installing everything, is there any thing else you can think of?

Username: Angeleyes142

Post Number: 1
you can try and reset your computer to a previous day when it was working fine//// go to start menu, go to programs,go to accessories,go to systems tools, go to system restore. this will pull up a calender. choose a date you believe there was no trouble with your pc. before you do this you may also want to check some program[s] that you might have down loaded it generally tries to down load its self every time you start up the pc.

Username: Db10

Post Number: 6
Would this erase data files that I have saved after the selected date?

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2109
no.

Username: Zxt

Post Number: 4
I also have a Sony Vaio laptop with P4 2.8GHZ, 60GB HD and 512mb Ram running on Xp SP2. Boot up time is about 1 minute. 5 mins is way too long.

But you can try defragmenting your hard drive first then make sure those start up programs are needed or else it will it some boot up time. Like if you dont really connect to Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger but those apps start up automatically when it boots then it eats up some boot time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us