Booting problem

Bronze Member
Username: Bleedingstar

Post Number: 16
i have a problem in opening my pc.

everytime i open my pc, after a few seconds it shuts down and boot again and shuts down again and boots once more. this happens thrice whenever i use my pc. and after several on-offs of the pc. a black screen appears that give me options in starting my pc like in safe mode, last good configurations.. hmmm. what could be the problem?

is it the fan? power supply? hard disk?

i did open the system unit and placed an electric fan right infront of it while its in use but then it has no effect.

please help me.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 752
does your pc reboot the same number of times each time you start your computer?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
yes

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 757
could either be a virus or some kindof electrical error of some sort. I'd bring it to a local computer store (best buy, circuit city, etc...) and see if they can find the problem out.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6026
For some reason your computer has become unstable. Have you changed any hardware recently? Does it stay stable when running in safe mode? Do you have lots of devices hooked up that are demanding of current through your USBs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i just had my pc reformat..

i havent change any on my hardware.

i usually start my windows on a normal mode

Username: Db10

Post Number: 4
Since you just reformat the computer, it's not a virus problem. Who did the reformatting? Sounds like that person may have mess with the computer BIO setting as well. When BIO setting is not correct, the computer will not run properly no matter what operating system you put on it.

Username: Cooltech

Post Number: 1
Mine did the same thing it was only the power button plug it was pluged into the wrong pins.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
the only thing that was done with the bios was the cd booting option.. and nothing else.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Did you changed it back to boot from c:? You sure you didn't accidently changed some other settings as well? Check the BIOS setting and see if something doesn't look right but don't save anything when exiting. If you're not sure, check the motherboard booklet that came with the motherboard.

Bronze Member
Username: Viller

Post Number: 13
Trina,

Reboot the computer go into the bios setup screen let it sit there for 10 mins or so.

If its a hardware error making the computer restart it will do so in setup also.

If it doesn't restart its self. I would say its a windows error and the fastest fix would be to reinstall windows again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
hi. i already reformat the computer for the second time because as time passes by.. the number of booting increases. but still the problem occurs. could this be a hardware problem already? again, i haven't changed anything on the BIOS set-up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
How are u reformating? It sounds like a virus because you did not do a complete format.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
i installed the OS on drive c. should i delete the partition? because my HD is partitioned into two.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Deleting the partition is not the same as formating. The virus is in the system files in seems. The files that are not in the OS root files. Why did you split the HD into two? Is it over 500GB? Are you running two OS? Are you "Ghosting" your initial setup in case something like this happen? I don't think you have format the HD. A real format erase everything off the HD and reset the HD. This mean before you can put an OS system on it, it has to be "format" into the right file system...like setting the HD into NFTS so window can be installed. True format means to reset the HD discs to its original setup!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
so i need to delete the partition and format it again.? ok. tnx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
You don't delete the partition when you format because formatting remove the partition!

To format in Windows, click the "start" and choose "run". In the run screen type in "cmd"
When the pathetic "DOS" like screen come on, type in "format c:" and choose yes when ask if you want to format.

That will erase everything. Be worn that everything will be erase!

Bronze Member
Username: Tort

Post Number: 90
trina,sound like a HD problem
Replace the hard drive!
A guide to installing an IDE hard drive, you can find here:
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/install-hard-drive.htm

Username: Manualrebello

Kalyan, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 9
Trina....here are a few checks that you need to check...you have to be armed with a pencil eraser...a torch and a pair of tweezers...open the cabinet...make sure that the fan on the CPU and the fan at the back of the tower( SMPS fan) is working...after this "with the computer OFF" remove the memory modules...the golden tips at the bottom of the memory modules have to be cleant with the eraser as if you were rubbing of pencil marks on a paper...before reseating the memory modules with the help of a brush clean the slots in which the memory sits...now is the turn for the hard drive...make sure that there are no clicking sounds ( hard ones if you knw what I mean) from the hard drive area...the harder the clicking the more obvious that the hard drive is fried and has to be replaced...also check the wattage on the SMPS if it is 300W it would support 3 drives in any combination excluding the Floppy drive if any on your system..if you have more drives then change the power supply to higher wattage...now comes the turn of the CPU...make sure that the CPU is not shaken and off its socket or come loose...this too should be checked in when the computer is OFF...i hope this helps..if not trouble me...take care

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
ok. thanks for this. ill try that one.

another thing, sometimes when i open the pc.. it doesnt detect the HD

Bronze Member
Username: Haydog_08

Hot Springs, Arkansas US

Post Number: 51
dead beat..windows cant boot! so u cant format that way..Run the Windows cd again and instead of doing a partation u need to format it will give you that option before installing..You need to get raid drivers for your motherboard...find out what type of motherboard you have and find the serial number on it go to the manufactures website..(sence you cant boot go to your friends house and use their computer and download the raid drivers and save them to a floppy disk(or jump drive if your Motherboard supports booting from a jump drive) download the raid drivers unzip them to the floppy and ther you go!..Go back to your computer run the Windows CD press F6 when it asks you to install raid drivers and there you have it!

PS: only stick your floppy in when it asks for it...if you stick it in and boot up it will tell you to remove media devices..soo when you press F6 wait till the new screen then insert the floppy :-) good luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
thanks ill try it. one more thing. during the booting process. it says "Primary IDE Master S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed" what does that mean?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
i'm afraid to reformat the pc because is till dont have my back up.

Bronze Member
Username: Haydog_08

Hot Springs, Arkansas US

Post Number: 53
The "Primary IDE Master S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed" is a setting in your BIOS..u have it turned on...just go into your BIOS and find the "S.M.A.R.T" feature and dissable it...its only because your still running IDE cables and a older hardrive..the newer computers dont have this problem...and about the reformat part...Hmm only thing i can tell you to do about not loosing your files..is to buy a new hard drive(or external)(i would get an external because you can always use it just for storage)and get this program (Acronis) its a BOOT CD and it will let you mirror a hard disk..which means it copys all your information to your new hard disk(or external drive)..

:about the Acronis...lol..it costs like $45....!BUT! you can use a torrent like thepiratebay.com and downlad that program and then put it on a dvd using MAGIC IFO..which will make that cd bootable :-) -hope this helped

-Hayden

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i already disabled the SMART feature and still nothing happened. i tried reformatting it again but then it can't boot on the cd drive. The pc can boot from HD but i need to wait for like 10 - 20 minutes and after a few minutes it shuts down and reboot again.

What is wrong? Is it the power supply? the HD? the RAM or the motherboard?

Bronze Member
Username: Saw_tech_one

Post Number: 28
just make sure u wipe the hard drive clean look for the name of the hard drive and go online and down load the tools to wipe it clean . remove your lan card just in case it's no good no more. check your bio's setting like they told u to do. after u reinstall windows.it's good to check your heat sink on your processor make sure u still have paste on it. and just read what the guys told u to do. ok good luck

Username: Chez

Need help rebooting from CD says I need windows root 32 file any one know anything about this thanks

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8902
If you need help booting from CD just pop in your O.S. disc and then go into your bios>Boot Sequence and set CD-ROM as your primary boot device and you're good to go.

Post Number: 2
im trying to reboot with a boot disk but computer keeps saying its missing a root 32 file. does any one know anything about this? please help

Post Number: 3
does any one know where i can download this file ntoskrnl

Username: Josers300zx

i have a problem when i turn on my pc i get no beeps keyboard lights one time no screen, fans are running cpu is fine checked video card and psu reset bios jumper pulled the ram get three beeps like it should but no screen. whats up can anyone help?

Bronze Member
Username: Manualrebello

Kalyan, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 12
try reseating every cable in the system if you havent tried this step yet...if you have.. check if the CPU gets too hot... also check if the display card (if a PCI one) is seated in properly
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us