Flash drive help....

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 481
So i heard someone say before that u can use a flash drive as memory on your computer if your using Windows Vista. So i went out and bought a 4gb flash drive and am trying to figure out how to make it more memory for my pc, does anyone know how to do this?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 751
I believe all you do is just stick them in the USB drives and leave them in there. You can access all of them from the window screen and put random things in them. Kindof like a storage I guess...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6028
It's the same thing as an external hard drive. I wouldn't rely on it as a resource of mass storage and they make 8Gig flash drives and beyond from what I can recall at the moment.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 505
i appreciate ur help, but the kind of flash drive i am looknig for is the one that can turn into memory using a windows program named Ready Boost, and essentially it takes that 4gb flash drive and turns it into RAM, thus increasing your comptuers performance...i was having an issue getting my flash drive to activate ready boost.

Silver Member
Username: Rtyauch301

Post Number: 192
i think u need something larger like an external hard drive i can het it 2 run when i have my 60 gig hd hooked up but thats the only way iv seen it

Username: Db10

Post Number: 8
If you need more memory, why don't you buy new memory sticks and replace the exiting one? They are relatively cheap now and installing it is so simple. BTW, they speed of the memory is limited to the motherboard speed, so if you buy memories that are rated 333MHZ and your computer motherboard memory reading speed is rate at 100MHZ, you will only see speed at 100MHZ (you have wasted money buying the memory because the faster the memory speed is, the more expensive it is).

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6835
Had you ask the same question 5-10 years ago, then it would've made more sense. Nowdays, with cheap memory, why are you even wasting your time??? Let's say you had a program that turned memory sticks into Ram Vista (very $hitty product) could use, what's the point?? Aren't you trying to increase the speed and performance? What good is it? A fast hard drive is like 8ms, a Ram is ns. That's like comparing seconds to micro seconds. No matter what program you use, you can't increase the actual speed. HD is too slow. So spend the money on Ram, it's cheap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us