Help my presario 2100 is crashed?!!

Username: Cyn7878

Post Number: 1
i} have a presario 2100 one day it was working fine then a few days later when i went to turn it on all i got was a black screen!! that says
OPERATIN SYSTEM NOT FOUND I PUT IN THE OPERATING SYSTEM CD ROM AND NOTHING... I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS AGAIN AND NOTHING IT DOSENT EVEN READ THE CD! IT ALSO SAYS MEIDA TEST FAILIER, CHECK CABLE WHAT EVER THAT MEANS!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Username: Cornerstone137

Post Number: 2
Cynthia, it sounds like either the IDE interface has gone bad on the motherboard, or the cable has come loose.
Be SURE that the power cord is unplugged first. Take the cover off of your computer. Touch the metal frame of the computer(just to discharge any static electricity from your body). Then find the ribbon cable that is connected to your hard drive. Follow that cable back to the motherboard, and check it to make sure that it is plugged in good. Plug the power cord back in, and boot it up to see if you get the same message. If you do, then unplug it again. There should be another IDE interface on the mother board that is not being used. If not, then respond to this message. Unplug the ribbon cable from the IDE that it is on, and plug it onto the other one. Also check the back of the hard drive to be sure that the ribbon cable is plugged in good there. Plug the PC back in, cut it on, and see what it does.

Bronze Member
Username: Viller

Post Number: 11
Cynthia,

The directions Tim gave you are for a desktop PC. and will not be the same for a laptop.

altho it does sound like a IDE controller failure.

I would be more then happy to chat with you further on this topic PM me a phone number that I can reach you at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us