Fax & Credit Card Machine

Username: Singingkkatt

Post Number: 1
We just moved back into our office and the people who moved our equipment did not set up the credit card machine and fax correctly. As I did not take them out of the old office, I don't know anything about how they should be set up...

I can't seem to get both to be plugged into the phone line... perhaps information on the fax will be most helpful: it is a Brother MFC 4350. On the side there are 3 places that plain phone cords can be plugged in... one says "line" one says "exit" and one is for the phone receiver.

The credit card machine (a Verifone trans 380) also needs to be plugged into a phone line, and was previously using the same line as the fax.

Is what I need to do to get them right send a line from the "exit" on the fax to the credit card machine? or is the "exit" line for outgoing faxes?

The people who had installed it had the "exit" line leading into the phone line in the wall next to the other line... and I really don't know anything about fax machines.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 844
I suspect the people who installed it did it backwards. Of course it should be easy enough to test if that is the case.

Post Number: 2
How would I test that? I hardly even know how to send a fax... really all i do is get them out of the machine when they come.

And what do you mean by backwards? So sorry...

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 850
Put the cord leading to the phone line on the "line" jack of the fax machine, and put the CC machine on the "exit" jack.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 658
It doesnt say "exit" it says ext. Like a phone extension. Stephen is right. As long as you are plugging in a live phone line, it will work. You could plug in a plain old telephone (walmart phone) in to the ext jack to verify. U may have to have the bank where u got the cc machine from to set it up. Sometimes people use phone systems where u have to dial a "9" to get out and these cc machines are already programmed that way. Just a thought

Post Number: 3
Thanks very much... it's all better now!

Username: Peterhills2233

New YorkUSA

Post Number: 2
How did you even let this happen?

Bronze Member
Username: Suekohn22

United States

Post Number: 11
thanks to you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video