CPU USAGE 100 % ALL THE TIME

Username: Bleedingstar

Post Number: 10
WAAAH. i need help. what am i going to do? the cpu usage of my pc gets 100% always even though there's only one application open. and the pc gets lag all the time. i tried scanning the pc (the anti-virus that i am using is kaspersky), and it says that my computer is virus-free. this thing makes me really crazy. haha. i need help.
should i reformat my computer?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Canada

Post Number: 125
Go to Start, Run, and type MSCONFIG then press OK. Go to the Startup tab and uncheck all the applications except for your antivirus. Press OK and then Yes to reboot. Sounds like you may be over loading your system with processes running in the background. Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2619
It is more than likely a corrupt or incomplete .avi file that Windows is trying to analyze over and over to attain its properties. Here is the fix:

1. Click on Start, then run. In the "Open:" box type in "regedit" without the " "
2. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i already unchecked the applications on start up tab of msconfig, it helped but there are still moments that the cpu usage goes up. and still the pc seems to freeze (and the sounds still lags) everytime i open an application esp. if it is the mozilla firefox web browser that i opened.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2659
I told you what to do Trina...

Bronze Member
Username: Kngsze

Post Number: 18
I have seen this before and it is possible that a file called "msi.dll" is causing the problem (this is part of the WinUpdate). Load Task Manager and see if "svchost.exe" is raking up the CPU, if so, this is your problem.

A fix was released by MS, you can get it from WinUpdate

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 115
time for a Format

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
the default value is very different from this one "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"

i already checked the "svchost.exe".. no it doesn't have to do with the cpu usage of my pc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us