Problem connecting laptap to TV with s-video cable

Username: Sridharpentlavalli

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

I bought new laptop of HP Compaq - 6710b - Intel Core2Duo - 2 GHz - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HD - Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100.

I have a problem in connecting my laptop to TV with s-video cable. I am connecting one end of the cable to s-video out of my laptop and another end to the video-in (yellow color pin) of composite / AV cable of my TV. First I got black and white image. Then I went to Graphics properties in my laptop and changed the signal to PAL_B. Then I got the colored signal but now I have very strange problem. I can not view the full screen of my laptop in my TV. Few portion of my laptop screen (1 to 1.5 inch margin in all 4 direction) is sliced off and remaining center portion of laptop is only visible in TV screen. I tried all types of signals like NTSC, PAL etc ... available in laptop ... But no use.

Could any one help me out please......

Thank you very much
Sridhar P

Username: Chris150157

Hi all, I am very new to this can anyone point me in the right direction. Is it possible to link my laptop in to my TV so that it acts as a monitor eg. If I want to watch a film on my laptop would it be possible to see it on my tv screen. If anyone out there knows if it is possible and how, can you put it in plain speak as I am a novice and not very up on the tech jargon.
Thanks Chris

Username: Byebyeitguy

Post Number: 3
If your laptop is capable of s-video out and your TV has S-video in it should work... But you most likely have to choose the proper output function from your function keys (usually f keys on top w/ a control, typically gray in color)

Username: Cornerstone137

Post Number: 3
Sridhar, have you tried setting to a lower resolution, such as 800X600? It sounds like that laptop is send too large of a picture.
Tim

Username: Cornerstone137

Post Number: 4
Christine, there is a website www.svideo.com that has any of the cables needed. As Robert already said, SVideo is the preferred method. If your TV only has RCA, then you will need a cable to convert from SVideo on your laptop to RCA. There is picture of SVideo and RCA jacks at http://www.svideo.com/svideorca.html . You will also need a cable for sound; probably from your earphone jack (1/8 plug) to RCA on the TV. There is also a device that I have seen at Target that will take any type of video input and send to the TV coax(the cable plug). It was about $20.
Tim

Username: Mthree11

I have a Sony vaio vgn 600p laptop. I know how to hook up every laptop to projectors and tv's, however, I can not get my laptop to sync to a projector or a tv. I have all the right cables and everything. Does anyone know what to do? I have changed my resolution, and nothing works, this is killing me. Any help would be great.

M3

Bronze Member
Username: Yoman

Post Number: 52
Hey Erik Mathre if you visit oinnk forum they have a staff that are trained for these types of questions..if you ask these type of questions you would get answers in seconds..trust me..so once again go to google type in oinnk forums

Username: Scarlet_theone

I have a dell xps 1210 and i would love to use it as a DVD player. I bought the S-video cable that comes with 4 outputs: black (sound), white, blue, red and green. My TV has only yellow, white and red inputs. What do I need to buy in order to see movies>?

Username: Mishashami

Hi,
I have an acer laptop and a Sanyo tv. I'm trying to connect the laptop to the TV with a scart and S-video cable. However, when I plug it in nothing happens. I even went to display settings and changed it to extend to another monitor. But still nothing has happened. Moreover, my laptop doesn't even pick up that there is some external hardware present.
Misha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us