Car amps with computer?

Username: Cnelson

Post Number: 1
MODS: I'm sorry if this is not the right forum, please move if needed.

Ok, heres my question.. i'm install a car computer soon.. I will be running 4 speakers, and 2 subs, power by 2 amps. I need to know how to run the amps off the computer? Because there will be no head unit meaning there will be no AUX line to use. It will go like this (hopefully)

Car Computer > Amps > Speakers, subs

The computer will have a VGA a touch screen.. but i need to know how to run audio from the computer to the amps. Like i said.. there will be no headunit so i can't run the audio to the headunit than to the amps.

Also does anyone know any good USB radios?

Thanks for any help.
-cnelson. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 568
In the computer you can set up what the ports in the back of your computer do ( the Blue,Green,Pink 1/8 headphone jacks) like surrond sound and such so that you have front,rear, and sub. the only whay i can think of is to buy, or make and headphone jack that goes into an Rca jack

Upload

http://www.myradiostore.com/p/18injatorcac.html?src=gb63dc

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_excite

Post Number: 70
yep you can do what kyle said or you can change the soundcard and get a better sound card maybe a M-audio or somthign that music industry ppl use. those have the green blue and waht not but all in RCA. im not sure about what i said though not 100%

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 248
Yup, kyle is right with the surround sound card. Use the RCAs with the stereo jack to the amps. Only problem I can see is interference with the signal... Just make sure the cables are well shielded. Or you will get annoying humming in your sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us