College laptop advice needed

Bronze Member
Username: Poremski1628

Post Number: 54
I'm heading off to college in the fall and I'm looking for a good laptop. I'm looking to spend under $2,000. I've narrowed it down to 3 the sony vaio fz, apple macbook pro or the dell Inspiron E1705. Any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 694
I'd go with the Apple, so long as you aren't opposed to their OS. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with Dell professionally (as an IT manager) or personally (recently purchased a Dell certified refurb notebook, and their pricing is hard to beat.

Bronze Member
Username: Kngsze

Post Number: 14
Cant comment on the MAC (being an avid Windows user) but I agree totally with the Dell. Dell prices are hard to beat, the their machines tend to be really hard-wearing and long lasting. Had my Dell for over 6 years with no hardware problems AT ALL

Bronze Member
Username: Kngsze

Post Number: 15
Just spotted your SONY choice. Dont Buy SONY! Sony products are fine for a while then they just give up. I deal with Sony Vaio's all the time and they just dont stand the test of time, and worst of all, you have to get any replacment parts from Sony, who rip you right off!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us