$1200 limit, suggestions on media center pc

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 19
I have a $1200 budget, I need to build a pc with audio engineering / editing capabilities. I need the whole thing with monitor, and 7.1 surround speakers, i can find those just fine but they need to be taken into consideration with respect to the budget. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1440
Go to www.newegg.com and piece together a system. If you are unsure of brands and hardware types, use the reviews as guidelines.

If you need further help, let me know and I can put together a suitable system for you. Keep in mind that "audio engineering/editing capabilities" is software driven, and almost any decent new system will have the ability to run those programs.

Bronze Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 20
I have known and loved newegg for a long time and I have built many pc's, but I'm not sure what an audio engineering pc would need that would be different than... say a gaming pc or regular work station. I assume some sort of 8 channel sound card... I draw a blank after that. Was really wondering if anyone has an Audio editing pc that they're happy with, and if they could share a little about it, and some of the apps they use.
Thanks for the help so far.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 601
Processing power, RAM, and hard drive space will likely be a plus in addition to the sound card. You should be able to skimp on graphics power without any major ill effects.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us