Microsoft Office 2007 slows my pc down?

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 137
Prior, to ms-office2007 installation which I had done 2weeks ago, I was using ms-office2003 version, As of late I have noticed other applications opening up really slow, takes some time actually to start up... This wasn't the case when I had 2003version installed, I do understand that there is no connection between ms-office and the rest of the applications(softwares) for it to slow down...

By the way it is pirated also, could that be one of the reasons, I Have run virusscan(avg-pro)several of times,diskcheck,errors and checked applications for corruption but my system is very much healthy from all of that..
What could be the reason? or connection withms-office?(P4(3.2ghz chipset 1gbddr2 ram, 120gb(drive)unbranded.. and using windows xp.sp2 Help Needed... thanks

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 520
Could be running services in the background that you wouldn't really see.

Care to comment on advantages/disadvantages of 2007 versus 2003?

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 139
Gladly, Ms-Office had better security ,more features,better compatibility

The Button
For those of us that are used to seeing the File menu at the top, it has now been replaced by The Button in the top left hand corner in most of the Office Applications. (Strangely enough, Publisher 2007 still has the older version of the menu instead of The Button. But, I preferred the 2003 edition in this matter, it was more easy and simple especially in terms of printing,
coz That button they talk of comes on only when ur printer is switched on, not the case in 2003, It took me around 2min just to find the print command in the 2007 version,Then finally I found it at the top of the left side of the screen and the 2003, universally everyone knows were to do that...

The Ribbon
In Word 2007 (as well as the other applications in Office 2007), the menu at the top - which has changed very slightly throughout previous versions: File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, etc. - has now been replaced by The Ribbon. Microsoft has deemed that The Ribbon will let you accomplish your tasks with less mouse clicks than the previous menus did.
The ribbon definitely takes some getting used to.
However, I prefere the 2003 version I find it more simplified and accessible IMHO, but so to speak one has to get use to all of this new features..

Themes

Themes in all of the applications of Office 2007 seem to also have taken a pretty nice leap with a more of a professional look. The matching of the colors to the shadings and quality of the graphics, this is a very big improvement from the 2003version...

Another nice new feature I found in Word 2007 is when you left click and highlight words -- say to change the font, size, or style -- you get a "live" preview, not so in 2003version...

If you are a person who can adjust to change, one who prefers less work (less keystrokes and mouse clicks), or a person that emails or saves a lot of files and prefers smaller sizes, the new version of Office 2007 does seem to be a good investment at this time.
Lastly, Installation takes alot more time compared to 2003, and for some reason ms-office applications on my p.c as I have noticed takes a long time to start up compared to the previous versions actually..

Username: Kngsze

Post Number: 9
2007 is designed for vista (which is designed to better utilze your RAM) so 2007, running on XP, will look to take up a bit more memory than 2003, but, it shouldnt make your machine, if running XP, slow up at all ...

2007 much better

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Summerville, SC

Post Number: 249
You can use openoffice.org Its free and very similar to office products. Very little learning curve needed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us