Male S Video to VGA cable

Username: Papalarge79

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Not too sure if this is possible, but I would like to find a cable with a male SVideo connector on one end and a VGA Connector on the other. I have a Radeon 9550 video card with an svideo tv out and I would like to use this to split my desktop over two VGA monitors. Is this possible or does SVideo not convert to VGA well.

Thanks in advance,
papalarge79

Username: Jwiz512

I currently have a new Flat Panel Monitor for my desktop. I want to use my incoming cable TV to connect to my monitor as the monitor was built with 3 hook ups to allow multiple devices to show on it. I can hook the cable box directly to it, the computer and any other item I wish to connect. I need this particular cable to do so though. I have been checking out Cablestogo.com to see if they have it. Try going there and calling them. I think I may have seen the cable I need and I am going back to check. It would be great to have all my things hanging on the wall and not have to use a bulky TV to view and to be able to switch back and forth when I want to use my wireless keyboard and mouse. Can you imagine the room it will save? Anyway I believe the cable is out here or else my monitor would not be equipped to support this kind of input. I will mark this page and get back to you if I find the cable I need. I know I just seen one but that company has discontinued the cable. If you want to email me please do especially if you have found what you needed. My email is jwiz512@comcast.net . Please put in the subject box that your replying to my post about the s-video cable to vga
thanks
Theresa

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply Theresa, still haven't found one but I will have a look at the site you suggest. Let me know how you go.
Cheers,
papalarge79

Username: Desiguju78

not sure if such adapter, looking for s-video to div-d or vga, got a camera system, got svideo output, and want to hook-up to regular lcd monitor , got vga or dvi-d input, wondering if there suck adapter or cable???

Post Number: 2
I received an email from cables to go I believe and it gave me the information I needed. What I need is a converter box which I would hook my cable TV into one slot. Then hook the svideo cable into another. Then another vga cable in to run to my monitor. The monitor has 3 outputs on it. One for TV and one for computer and the other for what ever I want to hook up. The box is like $89 I think and then I would have to purchase the SVideo cable and another monitor cable. I am thinking of ordering it because it would elimintate the need for a TV in my room and allow me to use the monitor for everything. I hope this helps you some. Email me if you would like to speak.

Post Number: 3
Here is the link and email cablestogo sent me. I sure hope this helps you.

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5fid=3103&sku=40971

Joann,

If the only input on the monitor is the VGA port, you would need a converter to go from an S-video source to that VGA input.

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5fid=3103&sku=40971

techsupport@cablestogo.com
1-800-826-7904 ext. 511
CHAT LIVE!
Support Hours:
Monday to Friday, 8AM to 6PM

=======Your message appears below======

Subject: Cables To Go Support Ticket

I am looking for an S-Video to VGA cable to be able to use my flat panel monitor with my cable box. The cable box needs an S-Video connection and the monitor requires the other end to be a VGA connector. Do you have these types of cables? If not what could I use instead so I can eliminate having to have a TV in my room and be able to use my monitor with my comcast cable box. The monitor is fairly new and allows for 3 hook up devices stating that you can use TV to view on it or otherwise cable box.

Username: Mheath8663

You can get the same converter for about half the price at findacable.com

http://www.findacable.com/servlet/the-6198/IMPACT-ACOUSTICS%3F-TV-to/Detail

Post Number: 3
Hi Joann,

thanks for the updates and info all. I hope it works out for you. Let us all know how you go.

Cheers,

a
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us