NO audio digital out or s/pdif out on new DELL M1710 notebook

Username: Gpahnke

Wilmington, DE USA

Post Number: 5
bought DELL M1710 with the following I/O ports listed on their web tech specs.pages :: VGA, DVI, S Video, audio jack with stereo headphones miniconector, RJ11,4-pin IEEE 1394 integrated port, 6-USB 2.0 ports and RJ45 port. THEY listed a component Video and S/PDIF digital audio out but alas no such I/O port on the laptop machine ---- surprise?????
IS there a suitable USB or 1394 connector/adapter so that I can get 5.1 surround sound out from the laptop's Audigy integrated HD card to connect to my Marantz 7100 A/V receiver's digital or coaxial input ALSO No PC CARD SLOT as DEll uses a miniexpress slot
HELP I am on my third week fighting with DELL about their false claim meanwhile the aliens keep sneeking up on me from my "blind" silent back side THANKS

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13747
Check your soundcard properties. sometimes you need to activate the digital output before you can use it. And for notebooks, the stereo headphone/external speaker output is also the digital output. You just need to get the proper adaptor.

Username: Solapathy

Post Number: 1
...take out the dongle that came with your 1710, plug it into the svideo port at the rear of the laptop..there is your digital audio out & component out.

question about m1710's go over to notebookforums.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us