Windows vista /problems & headackes

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 391
friend of mine bought a computer with no windows instaled to it . he was given window vista. i got it from him and i just did the upgrad over my xp. i did not have to use any product keys. after 3 weeks , it does not reboot and i got only black screen with the message to enter the product keys. i have no access to anything . i could not get the keys , and it says a copy of this windows is not genuiun . even it was original from best buy . i wanted to go back to xp but even using the xp cd does not boot from the cd . any help thanx .

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 477
I presume you know how to change the boot order to boot to a CD... Maybe a boot disk with a partitioning utility like f-disk would work.

FWIW, I wouldn't bother with Vista. Having worked a little bit with it now, it is a giant pain in the butt for the most part.

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 392
i got dell i dont know what key to hit to go to change the boot sequence

Bronze Member
Username: Msvara

Post Number: 34
I believe it's the F12 key to show boot devices for a Dell.

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 140
Yeah Try f12,delete,f9 or f10 then u'll get the bios setup, change first boot device to ur cd or dvdrom whichever u have, followed by ur harddrive, and i guess u know the rest of it..

After having installed Win XP, on your system and installed ur software,driver's and such, restart and change 1st boot device to ur harddrive,followed by ur dvd/cd roms respectivley, coz it tends to take a while to boot if ur harddrive is on 2nd boot device, as I have experienced that several times...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us