Where to buy motherboard for Medion 1.8 gig PC

Username: Badfeet

Post Number: 2
I have a Medion 1.8 gig which i purchased about 4 years ago from ALDI grocery store when they had them forsale for about 600.00 for the tower only.Well to make long story short my MB has died and i cannot seem to fine the one for it and something i can replace it with.I am illiterate at MB and don't have a clue as to what i can replace it with.If anyone knows something about the problem i am having and can help me with this it would be so greatfully appreciated.I have been wanting to get this PC back going for well over a year now.I got in touch with Medion and they don't sale them to the public,They will however allow me to ship the PC to them and they fix it and then ship it back after i pay the bill.I can fix myself if i know where to buy a MB which is compatable.Thanks again for anyone who is nice enough to even take the time to read my post......Badfeet

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 372
Pricewatch should be able to find something for you.

You might not be able to find the exact mobo, but perhaps something with the same chipset at least.

Username: Badfeet

Post Number: 4
Thanks alot for the reply and help,I will go and look there.I am sorry i hadn't replied ealier i have been working and staying so busy i couldn't get on here.Thanks alot Stephen......badfeet

Silver Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 133
In order to reuse as much from the old PC as possible you will need a motherboard that is compatible with the processor, socket and memory and is the same size (atx matx). If you can't find a board with the same exact chipset you'll have to uninstall the drivers for the old board once your running and install the new ones for the new board. This could include the audio and video drivers depending on the board your replacing. If you remember, its a good idea to start the PC for the first time in safe mode to uninstall the old mobo drivers and then you can install the new ones after a reboot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us