How to delete

Username: Bayman1952

Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 6
i instaled a registry cleaner trial and now i cannot delete it it said . cannot delete regclean dill access denied make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not in use

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12594
Consult the source of your trial copy and seek further instructions.

Silver Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 128
I take it its regclean.dll your talking about? Its a data library file and if the regclean application is running in your processes it will prevent you from deleting the file. What you really need is to find out which process the regclean program uses so you can stop it. One way would be to open task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and watch under the processes tab as you run the program to see which processes are using the cpu. Once you know which process it is you can select it and shut it down then delete the program. If its just the dll file and the rest of the program has been deleted (from Program Files) you can use "unlocker" the freeware unlocking utility to shut down the process to delete just that one file. Most .dll files reside in C:/Windows/Sytem32. If you have to, try reinstalling the program and uninstalling again, this time try it a different way (if you used contol panel > remove programs this time use the uninstaller in the applications start menu or visa versa).

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1141
Or just boot in Safe Mode and see if you can remove it there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us