Sound Card for Audiophiles. Any recommendations

Username: Rowanc

Post Number: 1
I am currently setting up my home hifi system and have decided against spending the $900 on a cd player that I initially intended on buying, and instead putting that money towards a sound card.

The Lynx two B has got piles of positive reviews so I am leaning towards buying that, however I would just like to know whether there is a similar card (or setup) that can provide me with the same audio quality without all the fancy pro features, since I am unlikely to be using them.

Any light on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 975
Before I even opened the thread I was going to recommend the Lynx two B

Username: Rowanc

Post Number: 2
Thanks ... looks like a lynx two b it'll B... any second hand /x demo ones available ? HA wishfull thinking... worth a try though :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Andreas

Post Number: 22
It depends on your setup...
If you have nice receiver there is no such thing as audiophile card, unless you just mean "any expansive stuff" Or am I wrong?
If sound card output is to go straight into the analog input on the amp there are good cards from Auzentech, M-Audio or E-Mu too.

Username: Wavfile

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 3
Of course there is the:
http://www.presonus.com/firepod.html
which is definitely up there in quality. It also has enough ins & outs to really handle pretty much anything you throw at it. M-audio and E-mu have great ones too as well as Roland. Its really kind of just a matter of prefernce from there... There are many to choose from, please take a look at alot of them
WavFile
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us