How to split display across two monitors

Username: Crockett50

Post Number: 1
I have an ATI Radeon 200 Express graphics card, and a monitor cable splitter. The PC has one VGA output socket. The two displays show the same image, but I want to be able to show different images, e.g. Word on one display, and Excel on the other; or drag Excel across both displays. The monitor setup identifies both monitors as Identity 1. Do I need further hardware ? Thanks for your advice, David}

Username: Waxbar1

Post Number: 2
Easy. Make the new one a slave of the first one. Then under control panel--> administrative tools--> computer managemnt. you can config your moniters

Username: Zxt

Post Number: 6
This might be an old thread but I can't find under Computer Management on how to make monitor a "slave" .

Username: Stevewylliebtinternetcom

Is there any way to rig my 2 x Sony lap-tops so when next to each other, they both display half a page each?

I have seen it done between a desk-top and a lap-top (both DEL's ) about 5 years ago, so it's not rocket science.

Would be very handy for my spread-sheets as they are sometimes 20 or so columns wide. and displaying a whole row would make it a lot easier in my page development stage.

So, does this require a hardware add-on, system command or a software down-load. I guess if possible then I would need to link the lap-tops with some sort of cable.

If achievable, would it be an easy task to switch the displays back to normal when required?.

Username: Ford

Hello David,

Dual monitors make it easier to view applications and manage multiple windows at one time. Microsoft Windows supports dual monitors on a laptop or a desktop. The settings are configured in the display properties visible from the desktop. Once you create a dual monitor setup, both screens instantly take up the full display, so you can place windows in each screen. You can also span applications such as video and multimedia across both monitors.

Instructions:
Right-click the desktop and select "Properties." For Windows 7 or Vista, the menu item is labeled "Personalization."

Click the "Settings" tab. For Windows 7 and Vista users, the tab is labeled as "Display Settings." This screen has all the configurations for the Windows display monitors.

Click the monitor icon labeled as "2." This enables a check box underneath the icon. Check the box labeled "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor." Click the "Ok" button.

Click the "Ok" button to confirm the settings. The second monitor instantly has the full screen expanded to it. You can now view multiple windows on each machine or span a single window across both screens.

Username: Stevewylliebtinternetcom

Geeze. After all this time I get what looks like a really simple solution to a very usefull display feature.
Thanks.
Daft question, but how do I actually connect the 'slave' to the main monitor? Cable; Wir}eless .. or what?
Regards
Steve

Username: Ford

Post Number: 3
Using Dualview

On many portable computers and some desktop computers (those with two video ports on one video card), you can expand your display to a second monitor by using Dualview. Dualview is very similar to the multiple monitor feature, with the exception that you cannot select the primary display. On a portable computer, the primary monitor is always the LCD display screen. On a desktop computer, it is the monitor that is attached to the first video out port. Once you attach the second monitor and turn on your computer, use the Display tool in Control Panel to configure your settings, just as you do with multiple monitors. You can use Dualview with docked or undocked portable computers.

Username: Hurtswhenilaugh

Finally i got it here... Looking for it from long time!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us