Computer running slow

Username: Bayman1952

Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 2
i have a MDG computer and is running very slowly it takes ages to change pages and freezes up a lot the mouse hand even freeze up a lot what can i do to fix this problem i am new at this thank you

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12546
RAM?
OS?
Processor?
Anti-Virus programs?
Have you done a defrag?

Details please.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 966
You must also tell how much space of your hard drive is free..........

Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 3
yes i did a efrag. and stil the same free space disk(C)52.2 GB disk(D)803. MB disk(c) capacity 70.6 GB. disk (D) capacity 3.89GB.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 975
Do a CTRL+ALT+DEL then select Task Manager then select Proceses it will give you the list of the proceses running, check which one is consuming the most of the memory and/or CPU time, then you will find the responsible....

Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 4
i did as you said 51 processes runing the most in the list is iexplorer.exe 35.456 K down the bottom it said cpu usage 5% do i delete anything or not thank you

Username: Nicdan

Post Number: 10
sounds like you have all programmes running in the back ground on start up. you may have to manually shut them down in "msconfig"

Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 5
that did the trick seems to be ok now thanks a million . make that a half million i will keep the other half million for the next time.. thank you guys very much

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 786
check out this handy little tool called END IT ALL. It lists all the programs running on your system and lets you decide which ones to close down. The processes necessary for basic system operation are protected from termination, though.

You can read more at PC MAG

I use it all the time to help keep my dialup fast....too many programs running can make me SLOW as well.

Hope that helps some
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us