Windows Media Player 11 Problems

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4829
My Windows Media Player 11 is not displaying correctly.

I had just reformatted my computer and was rushing to get it back up to where it was before and installed WMP 11 and Photoshop 7.0 at the same time.

Basically, The graphics of WMP 11 have been awful since I reinstalled it. I can see the gradient they used for the GUI, it doesn't blend smoothly like before I reformatted this thing. And I have to drag my mouse over the drop down menus to make them appear.

I tried a plain uninstall/reinstall but it didn't correct the problem.

Here is a screenshot, you can see how I have to drag my mouse over the menu and how the gradient sticks out, especially near the bottom of the player:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/illuminator321/messsed.jpg

Photoshop is also displaying incorrectly (gradients look terrible-awful for a photo program haha), but I assume if I can fix Windows Media Player, then Photoshop should require a similar procedure...

I'm thinking the best way to do this is to remove registry keys left behind, if any and reinstall? Thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 319
I assume your PC is XP, can you restore it back to before program install?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4839
Tried that, no joy...in fact, I reformatted, and it still didn't work. I went so far as to low level format it. I assume the video card is going bad.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 182
Do you have the latest drivers for the video card?

I'm thinking that the white dots around the corners of WMP may be a seperate problem than the issue with the menus and photoshop; these people http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11199 are having that same problem, but not the other problems that you have. Nobody seems to know how to fix it though.

Username: Hirstd

Post Number: 1
I am having a problem with windows media player 11 where it will not add files to my library from a NAS box they were there but they then vanished and when I re scan it finds over 4000 files but adds none of them I can play the files if I open them but this is no good as I use a Netgear Media streamer can any one help please

Silver Member
Username: Thunder_lightning

Post Number: 255
try Winamp a very nice player no problem at all...a lot of skins and plug in too...

http://www.winamp.com/

Username: Hirstd

Post Number: 2
Thanks but do you know if it will work with the media streamer?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1024
Why even use WMP at all? It is as usual a big pile of crap. Get Jet Audio which is free in it's basic version and better than WMP in every way. Get a codec pack and it will play anything.

http://www.download.com/JetAudio-Basic/3000-2141_4-10656582.html

Bronze Member
Username: Msvara

Post Number: 33
Hi Dave, Before you began rebuilding your computer did you open it up to either look around, clean out the dust or replace the video card? I'm asking because I've seen this happen after handling the video card improperly and destroying some of it's RAM. Drivers are another thing to look at. Ensure you have the latest version from the video cards website.

Username: Williammeister

Post Number: 1
Hey, I have a problem with WMP 11. I am not sure what happened, but every video I play displays this in the upper left hand corner in big green letters and I cannot get it to go away.

"A u d i o t r a c k:
Input description: 48000 Hz, Stereo 123 kbps mp3 (libmad)
Current input bitrate: xxx bps"

The xxx fluctuates constantly on some movies and stays constant on others.

If anyone knows how to get rid of it, please, reply. I have looked through all of the menus and such and cannot figure it out. It just started this morning, I really don't know what caused it. Thank you.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16747
flv player is better than windows media player

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16748
winamp is a good choice if you need to be able to boost volume levels with their built in equalizer

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16826
it showed that someone else posted in here but i dont see any new posts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts