Laptop to TV problem, no video

Username: Edubwalsh

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am using a Dell Inspiron 600m and have had no problems in the past displaying video from my laptop to the TV using an S-video out cable until now.

I can no longer connect S-video out (laptop) to S-video in (on TV), so purchased an adapter from Radioshack to convert the signal to RCA video. Unfortunately, it is female to female, so I am using an additional video cable from a DVD player to hook into the RCA video on the TV. The adapter worked only once, but beyond that I now only receive sound BUT NO VIDEO.

I have toggled with numerous settings in the "Display", such as "Attaching" the 2nd monitor, changing the screen resolution and color quality, as well as other things. These efforts have been made to no avail. In addition, under the "Display" - "Advanced" - "Displays" section, the laptop will no longer recognize the TV.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions? Please help!

I am thinking it might be this sh*tty Radioshack adapter, but am unsure. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102651&cp=2032057.2032187 .2032188.2032199&parentPage=family

Thanks,

Erin

Username: Missie99

Post Number: 1
I am trying to run my karaoke from my laptop to tv but my laptop does not have video out. I purchased a cable for that from the internet but are still having problems. The picture that i get on the tv is split into six screens and just continually rolls. Was told laptop needs to be configured?but my laptop does not say tv it only says notebook and monitor. Does anyone have a solution to this problem as I have invested a good deal of money in this set up but still cannot use it. Please help, I need this for work. Thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us