Usb Issues

Username: Spunkylilboo

Post Number: 5
I have a WinBook A210 and my USB ports have all stopped working. Any device that is plugged into the ports comes up as "unrecognized device" and does not work. I did some research online at Microsoft.com and came across an article about "selective suspend" (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900/en-us) which says that USB ports can disabe themselves if devices are repeatedly inserted and removed. The article suggested editing the regisrty, but I do not know enough about computers to try this. I have called tech support and after about 3 hours they were unable to do anything either. Someone has suggested that it could be a motherboard issue. I really do not want to have to replace the motherboard in my laptop. Does anyone else have any experience with this problem? If it is the motherboard, is there any way around replacing it? I do not have a PC card slot, so I cannot use one of the usb cards, and there is no port for a keyboard or mouse so I can not use one of those adaptors either. The only other port I have is an S-Video port. Is there an adaptor made for this port which would convert it into a usb port?

Username: John_arch

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem. Neither my USB ports nor the touchpad work,

The computer comes on, but can't be controlled.

MicroCenter estimates $400 for a motherboard repair without even looking at the computer.

Did you have any luck with your repair?

Username: Spunkylilboo

Post Number: 6
No luck on the repair. I didn't even bother getting an estimate from MicroCenter after the tech guy basically told me I was an idiot when I said there was no PC card slot (which there is not on this particular model) because "every laptop has a PC card slot."

I've given up hope for the laptop and bought a new Gateway desktop.}

Post Number: 2
I bought a new Toshiba so I could get back in operation.

I'm still looking for a low cost repair so I can have a backup computer on hand.

I've got a question into the winbook tech support forum also to see if anyone else has solved this problem.

Post Number: 3
Kristi

You might find this helpful [link below]

It is the general discussion section of the
winbook support forum. See A210 problem, no input. Some people gave me some advice that might work for you, or at least the support 800 # is availble

http://www.winbookcorp.com/forum/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=General&Number=25135&pag e=0&view=collapsed&sb=5
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us