Sony vaio

Bronze Member
Username: Vndpatel

Post Number: 96
where is the certificate of authenticity number on a sony labtop. I know there are numbers on the bottom of the labtop, but which one is it?

Username: John_michael_kinsella

London

Post Number: 1
HELP: One of my friends was recently experiencing troubles with the new version of i-tunes on her vaio notebook, im not 100% sure what she has done, but she has followed instructions on an apple forum to try and fix the problem.

basically she has fixed the i tunes problem, but apparently now nothing at all on her vaio that has a password field will allow her to sign in..

if anyone knows anything. please help.

Username: Lee2

Tenby, Pembrokeshire Wales

hi im stuck ive got a sony vaio notebook ive tryed to hook it up to my tv with no joy.it was on windows mienium but now is updated to xp,im trying to hook it up with the yellow av output on left side of laptop to av 3 input on tv but nothing the green sound one works but yellow picture does not?????
please can anyone help

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4848

quote:

where is the certificate of authenticity number on a sony labtop. I know there are numbers on the bottom of the labtop, but which one is it?

It's the silver/green shiny one if you're talking about the OS.

quote:

hi im stuck ive got a sony vaio notebook ive tryed to hook it up to my tv with no joy.it was on windows mienium but now is updated to xp,im trying to hook it up with the yellow av output on left side of laptop to av 3 input on tv but nothing the green sound one works but yellow picture does not?????
please can anyone help

Do you have the laptop set to output video from that video output?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4849
^ "set to output video from that video output" wow that sounded ridiculous, but it happens :-)

Post Number: 2
right being new to this, im stuck on that? is that where i right click on desktop and prop,and advance,and ???? thats all i can find on net,well jexx thanks for the reply ,god all this just to watch a movie,whats a video card for ?as this notebook is nearly 7 years old does it need that.the trouble is i can not find full details on the net just bits n, bobs what dont help at all ,so please help

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4870
Usually there is a 'Fn' or function button that you press in combination with another key on the keyboard in order to switch the video output on.

Post Number: 3
ye they dont seem to work or do anything,i think might be easyer to get new notebook eh jexx.thanks for trying anyway

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4878
Heh, considering how old it is, yeah, it sounds like it's time for a new one. I remember those older laptops and how they had a separate RGB video output which was actually pretty nice.

Post Number: 4
well i wnted it just for the net at first till i found out what i could do.but eh guess what i tryed all you told me again today and restarted it before i tryed and guess what it worked yeeee! but still would like a new one with more mem and a nice big lcd to match,rwell one day ! but yet again thanks for the help jexx your a star*

Username: Charlesmartinn

I am trying gather information from people who have experienced problems with their Sony Vaio's LCD screen in regards to it developing
problems related to a loose cable that caused the screen to "wig out" Usually moving or flexing the lcd would solve the problem temporarily,
but ultimately I ended up having to fix the cable myself or send it in to Sony for repair.For more on the subject visit me at: http://www.webdesigningcompany.net
I am the Support Admin for a medium sized design firm and we have approximately 100 sony vaio laptops, of which 40 are of the 440, 450, 480 lines. Of these 40 approximately 70% have had this problem. I am trying to establish a pattern here among vaio owners who have had similar problems. In the past Sony has fixed this problem, even out of warranty at no charge, but recently they have increased their flat labor rate and want to charge $250 to fix a 6 dollar part
that is a Design Flaw on their part. Anyone have any stories they want to share?

Thanks

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5010
I'm curious now, why did you choose Sony? I'm assuming it was their contemporary case design because it accompanies the artistic aspect of your company?

Sony should know about the problem themselves, shouldn't they?

As far as the cable goes, yeah, $250 is ridiculous. I'm assuming it's the cable that hooks the LCD up to the mobo? Not that hard to access/replace...outrageous labor cost there.

Username: Cb_terryyahoocom

These are really old units huh?
What version of notebook are they?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us