HP Pavilion PC

Username: Socomplicated

NY US

Post Number: 6
I got this computer rescently, it seems great but I'd like to know other people's opinions/feedback. TY
~1~

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 858
i just bought a HP pavilion A1473W from wal mart

SPecs: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4922187

but upon getting it and opening it up i was very pleased with it and ive been usen it a few nights now and im liken it more and more, its really a huge upgrade from my previous unit which i have given to my younger brother now but it was a Compaq SR1011NX

http://www.amazon.com/Presario-SR1011NX-B-Desktop-Celeron-Screen/dp/B0001WOSK0

but i paid 630 after taxes for that one as a bundle pack with 17 crt monitor keyboard and mouse about 2 years ago and now ive paid 590 after taxes for the HP but itonly came as the PC with no keyboard mouse or monitor but it does have lightscribe and dvd burner and it has a much better graphics card then the other one i was usen so im pretty happy with my purchase but HP owns both companys so really the computers are brothers lol but i have nothing else to compare the new one to so if you meant how does HP stack up against other brands i dont know because i only have had a compaq desktop compaq laptop and now a HP Desktop but as i said i gave the compaq desktop to my brother and i still have the laptop and the HP desktop and ive always been happy with the products from Compaq and HP ....

On another note im probably gonna get a 20 inch LCD to pair with my new Desktop so what do you all think about this one http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5000832

Username: Socomplicated

NY US

Post Number: 7
Yeah, TY for the feed back. I like my HP too. I have only one problem, when ever I play a game (The Sims, Sims 2) the fan starts up for a long time until the computer eventualy goes on standby. It's not a big deal since I got a PS2. But its a new computer and it should not just overheat and shut off after a couple hours of play. Much like your Compaq, I had a gateway and the HP is a HUGE improvement. Anyway, that LCD moniter looks great, my HP came with a 20" and its great. Although I bought my HP at Circuit City it cossed over a grand but I got a printer/scaner and the moniter upgrade. Overall it's all worth it to me. ~1~

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 740
I got a Compaq Presario SR1803WM from walmart....3.2gig processor, 512mb Ram, and a 40ghz HD...for $377 with tax...only thing bad was, I had to buy a printer ($35) and a monitor (15 inch LCD $350) to go with it, but the computer itself is great!

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 741
Almost forgot, they had a 1.8ghz processor 256mhz ram 40ghz computer on sell beside the one i got. the price difference was only $28 ...thats why I got the better one.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 862
i saw that one but it was a celeron processor,, they arent as good as a pentium 4 and it didnt have lightscribe and to upgrade the ram to one gig it would have cost about 70 bucks and it also only had the 80 gig HD and only a CR RW drive which meant no DVD play or burn so i was decideing between either getting the EMachines wal mart had for 350+taxes and getting a 19 inch sceptra LCD for 200 bucks which would have been 550 which was how much i paid for the HP and after taxes it would have been the same price as the HP but i would have had a 19 inch lcd but only 512 ram and 80 gig hd and no lightsribe or DVD burner so i decided i only had a little under 600 hundred to spent so i would get the better one which was the HP and then just buy a nice LCD later and use the monitor i have until i can buy the LCD but i probably shouldnt have bought the computer because now i cant get the Subwoofers i wanted because i spent the money on a computer and now im gonna buy a 20 inch LCD

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 850
1st post in the comp section!

I also purchased the HP pavilion, Mine was 2gigs of ram, 2.4 GHz, 64x2 AMD 4600+ (was supposed to be 4400+ but it came with 4600+), 380 gig hard drive, dvd burner (ls), TV out (media centre thing), 19" LCD flast screen. Its awesome and I just need to work on my graphics card upgrade so I can run FEAR with some eye candy.

Username: Hannah

Post Number: 2
I also have an HP Pavilion, its an A1132 I believe (just over a year old) and find it works fine, though it kind of pisses me off how much HP pre-installs on your computer. I know eventually, like other desktops it will start slowing down and will have to reinstall windows XP. At that point, I'm tempted to upgrade with better graphics.

Okay sorry for the ramblings, my question is: Can I format my HP Pavilion to be whatever I want, ie not reinstall HP's factory settings and just use it as my own moded computer, with Windows on it...etc. Sorry if this makes no sense. I've heard some people talk about a Code Purple--HP trap they've embedded to prevent mods such as this. Has anyone tried to format their HP with success? Has anyone ever encountered this "Purple" thing?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us