Hooking up Computer to TV using S-video!

Bronze Member
Username: Mikewhite

Amherstburg, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 29
Hey guys, I'm trying to connect my Desktop to my TV. I know the TV has S-Video input, however I will have to put in a video card, as the computer does not have S-Video output. Any cheap recommendations? I found a little converter thing that plugs into the 'SERIAL' port on the back of my computer and it has a little S-Video plug on the other end. I'm assuming it is a converter from SERIAL, whatever that is, to S-Video. So if I run a cable from that, to my TV's input, should that work?

I'm also not sure if there are different types of S-video cables. I've heard that there is 6 pin and 4 pin?

So say I do get it all hooked up and working... What about sound? Do I also have to purchase a sound card and come out from the computer and into the TV? By what method is best quality? Component?

I have a wireless USB transmitter that converts my computers audio signal into an FM frequency. So if I just tune into the right station on my stereo I should receive the same signal correct?

I know, I got alot of work to do lol. Any recommendations, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Username: Mbracey

Post Number: 1
Hello, okay I hope this question doesn't sound stupid. I know a little about this stuff, but I'm confused. I have a HP Pavillion Laptop, which has a s-video out (7-pin male), but my TV is a female 4 or 5 pin. Should a regular 4 or 5 pin s-video cable work or do I need to find a 7 to 4 or 5 pin (if one even exist). Somebody help me out here

Bronze Member
Username: Slntdeath

Post Number: 17
Martin,
Would you mind providing some additional information on your laptop? ie: Model number, Integrated Graphics Card, Etc?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us