Compaq setup.

Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 1
For a friend I am trying to get into a Compaq DeskPro 2000 setup. The HP lit. says to press F10 when the F10 message appears in the screen bottom right. My problem is that that F10 message does not appear ! I've tried various F's but still no stopping it from fully booting up - into Win95. DOS has been damaged a bit but not relevant. Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks. Laurie.

Username: Artstar

If I'm not mistaken, Compaq's store the setup program and info on a separate hidden partition on the hard drive. If the hard drive has been repartitioned or reformated, the setup may be gone. I believe Compaq has some downloads that can restore the partition and setup/diag. tools back to the hard drive if this is the case.

Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Art. Yes you are oh, so right. I browsed HP very good help site.When one gets into that territory with neither floppy nor CDROM working you must start to move to the dreaded format operation. Chicken and egg type thing. What a weird idea !! I just decided yesterday that friendly help stops right there. Many thanks again . This is a very good site. I'll be back. 'bye from "down under". Laurie.

Username: Uniquefemm

hello im trying to hook up my vcr to my computor i need to get directions on how to do it can anyone pls help me thanks

Username: Uniquefemm

Post Number: 2
help im trying to hook up my vcr to my computor

Username: Gvl121

I WAS WORKING ON MY LAPTOP UNTIL THE BATTERY RAN 0UT, I WENT HOME TO CHARGE IT AND NOW EVERYTIME I TURN IT ON, THE COMPAQ SREEN COMES UP AND THE NEXT SREEN JUST SAYS "CANNOT READ DISK PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL TO RESTART" AND IT DOES THAT EVERY TIME. i WENT INTO SAFE MODE AND SETUP THE DEFUALT CONFIGURATION BUT IT DIDN'T HELP. WHAT COULD IT BE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Username: Kirby904

Jacksonville, Florida United States

Post Number: 3
Laurie...
try mashing the F10 button when the system starts...
also the delete button should be tried for various award bioses...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3915
Kirby,

You just responded to a post that was more than two years old.

Upload

Username: Ranny555

Nyc, Ny Usa

Post Number: 2
I need HELP ...
I installed XP PROP On my COMPAQ EVO D51 S
and i can not Log in to internet i have checked the hardware and the Ethernet driver is not availble( ilooked on HP's web and couldnt find the answer or the right driver ,anyone knows what to do?

also i planing to purchase PC wireless card (if i install the new wireless card PCI do i still need to fix Ethernet driver or the wireless is bypassing it)???

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9524
What kind of NIC card are you using?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3947
If the wifi card has all of the necessary drivers, it should be fine, and it will 'bypass' the ethernet. You might want to check the website again for the correct driver, they have to have it.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1596
Jexx is correct. But you have the wrong model, the correct model is COMPAQ EVO D510 S
Go to the link and download the drivers, if you still have problem change the pci slot for the card. Lucky

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11349_div/11349_div.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us