No sound from speakers!!! error code 28

Username: Techlock

Post Number: 3
hi, i have got 2 ross desktop stereo speakers and was given a pc when i plug them into the green jack on the back of my pc i get no sound. and under sounds and multimedia in control panel i can not select a playback device sound recording or midi music playback and under device manager it says pci multimedia audio device in yellow ? mark and says error code 28 as there is no driver, what is error code 28 and what can i do 2 get sound please help.

Silver Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 108
You need to install the proper sound drivers for your specific motherboard. Google "aida32" and download a copy, its free. It doesn't install, you just un zip it somewhere and run the exe file and it will examine your pc. Look through the results and see if it can identify your motherboard manufacturer and model number, then go to their website for the latest drivers for everything. If you want to look manually the model number is usually located between the pci slots and will be silk-screened on the board. When you were given the pc did it come with any disks? If so you can go to the yellow ? mark select update drivers and point it to the disk for the motherboard that came with the pc. You may have to be more specific and look for a folder for audio on the disk and perhaps an XP or Win98 section whatever fits your needs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us