Need Advice on a Good desktop

Username: Nick76

Benicia, CA United States

Post Number: 1
I'm in the market for a desktop that will be mostly used for downloading & burning movies/music. I don't play a lot of games so that isn't important to me. I basically want something with a decent processor speed and between 1 to 2 Gigs of RAM. I've been looking at Gateway and HP but I don't know which is better quality for the price. I'm looking to keep it under $1,500. Can anyone help???

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4692
Any pre-built desktop is a piece of junk in my opinion. It might be best to look around and get someone to build one for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 95
I agree with Jexx, buying HP, eMachines or Gateway makes the purchase easy but hand cuffs you with upgrade choices because of their proprietary schemes. If you know someone that is good with this kind of stuff that could put one together for you, even if $200 bucks of your budget went to him, you would still be well off. $1300 can build a doozie of a machine these days with processors dropping in price as they are. Good Graphics are not just for gaming, they can make video encoding go much faster as well. And you could always throw your hat in the ring as well. The first time building a computer will certainly shake you up a bit, but once you've done it you will never look back.
The weak link in store bought computers is their power supplies. manufacturers save alot of money using junk supplies that can take out a motherboard when they blow, and force you to buy a new PC since the repair would be outrageous.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4700
The weak link in store bought computers is everything :P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us