What happened?

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 345
ok, so I moved to a new apt. where I get free high speed internet. first thing i did was install the ethernet cable, then loaded my firewall, antivirus, and antispy software. Everything was going fine for a while, then after my antispy ran it evidently deleted something that IE needs to work. IE started showing a message saying that it couldn't connect. Luckily I still have Netscape Browser and it seems to be working fine. I tried uninstalling IE and then downloading, and reinstalling it, but that didn't change a thing. Yes I can use Netscape Browser, but I like IE better....any suggestions, or maybe I might try FireFox...I've heard its bette

Silver Member

Post Number: 346
almost forgot, since I thought it might be the antispyware program that screwed things up, I uninstalled it too.

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 179
I don't know what you might have deleted, that said, IMO Firefox is waaaaay better than IE. If you switch, I don't think you'll ever look back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
is firefox better than Netscape browser?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4269
Unbelievably better.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Best part is it doesn't use ActiveX, which is how many viruses and spyware enter your system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
WOOT!! I LIKE!! NO MORE IE FOR ME!!!and I never did like Netscape Browser too much anyway

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10263
Jexx,
I have been using firefox for a while now and I've noticed a problem with spyware. I noticed that my spyware remover has been coming up with plenty of tracking cookies and such. What add-ons do you use to lessen these danged pests?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3142
get the addaware se VX2 cleaner add on, and it will protect your sysetm even more from those danged cookies.

what kind of protection do you have on your system?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10300
I have adaware and spybot and my anti virus is from microtrends.

What I noticed was a lot of this spywares are being inserted into my system and being detected by my anti-spyware programs after I started using firefox. Granted I do clean up everyday.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1888
Michael do you need set the ie for receive broadband ever on, or another configuration in your browser go to tools, connections etc.
Lucky

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
:P to hell with IE,. I like my fast as hell (4800kbps) FireFox
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us