File too big!

Username: Smilee33

Post Number: 1
Hi - I've had no problems burning movies to dvd with nero until now - I've just downloaded 1st series of malcolm in the middle, file size is 2.72gb - why is then too big to go onto a 4.7gb dvd? don't understand...also when I download a movie which is 678mb, why does this fill a dvd? thanks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 64
It sounds like the choices you are making in Nero are converting the file instead of burning it. Nero calculates the file size after conversion to determine if it will fit on a disk and refuses if its too large. Your 678mb movie is probably an avi and again your asking nero to make a dvd out of it so it upconverts from a 678mb avi to 4.3gig VOB files dvd compliant disk. I have never liked Nero for movies, it seems to have too many restrictions and bugs for that task. What nero seems to be doing to you is using a minium bitrate set for quality and since Malcolm at 2.72gb at this minimum bitrate would have to be larger than 4.3gig it refuses unless you use a double layer dvd (8.5gig). If Malcolm is also in avi format I would recommend the freeware Avi2Dvd. Its not a speed demon and will take some learning on your part but it does a good job. There are also good tutorials for it on VideoHelp.com, so if you google "Avi2Dvd" look for a link to that site where you'll find a download link and some tutorials on how to do specific things.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3717
Great, illegally downloading movies!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us