Any suggestions on a good gaming computer for a reasonable price?

Bronze Member
Username: Scherrman

Post Number: 21
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good gaming computer for around $1500? I'd like to get into some internet gaming like world of warcraft and guild wars.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8651
Alienware

Username: Deliriium_trigger

WI US

Post Number: 3
I got the Dell XPS 400 and ended up getting the Radeon X1600 to upgrade the graphics(later on for $230), I opted for the 1GB of ram to start but have the slots to up that at my convienence. The Computer itself was $1,200 with speakers and a 17" flat screen, also including that 1G ram. It works great, came with a pentium D processor 2.8GHz dual core tech and all.
I play Everquest 2 on above average graphics with it now and it works great. Plus, they sent it to me in 3 days easy.
Keep in mind the starting price is quite low compared to what I paid, but I opted for some upgrades like i said and also the DVD burner.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_400?c=us&cs=19&l= en&s=dhs

Now me and my GF bought a Sony Vaio together 2 years ago and those work great too, right in your price range. Best Buy sold us that one. But I actually prefer this dell, surprisingly.

Username: Deliriium_trigger

WI US

Post Number: 4
Ha, no alienware for $1500. Dont even LOOK at an alienware without over $6000. Liquid cooled, you need a key to turn it on man. Those are TOO sweet and youll never get a decient on for 1500. And if you did get one that low, Your only buying a name cause I can tell you now it wont have the nuts that a good alienware can brag about.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3436
I second the Dell XPS.

Bronze Member
Username: Hammondrckr

Post Number: 21
you could look into building it yourself, its a lot of work and I dont recomend it if you dont know what your doing but, when it comes to gaming thats probaly the cheapest way. if not go dell

~alan

Username: Shniper

Post Number: 1
Has anyone heard of the EcollegePC.com . I have been shopping at every online store that would sell computers and so far www.ecollegepc.com gives the best deals. I have e-mailed them about eight times and they have been very helpfull. so if you are looking for a gaming computer around $1500 w/ a monitor and 6piece stereo system.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 65
I agree with Alan V (hey, it rhymes). If you build your own system and reuse some parts from an older one you can Spend your 1500 dollars on power instead of accessories. A prebuilt system is usually made from the cheapest parts they can get their hands on to keep the profit margin high. When you build your own you can pick and choose the best parts by reviews and benchmarks. Cpu w/HSF, Motherboard, Video Card(s), Memory and Power Supply are all you need if you already have Hard Drives and Dvd Burner. You could even reuse the old case if its big enough.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us