I have virus alerts but my scans are saying everything is fine

Username: Rema

Post Number: 1
Hi i hope someone can help me.
I keep geting a message that i have viruses. I have run scans (avg free, aolspyware, adaware) I was told i had one virus a trojan horse so i quarantined it.
My computer now keeps giving me popups that my computer is at risk has potential threats etc even though i have scanned it numerous times.
Aso something called spy quake2 keeps installing itself no matter how much i delete it.
In the bar on the bottom of the screen where volume control is i have three sybols that are flashing between being a question mark and a no entry sign. When i hold my mouse over it it says VIRUS ALERT i also keep getting a bx come up saying my computer is at threat!!!!
Please help as i do not knw what to do and i am useless with computers.

Thankyou

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 138
Viruses suck :-(

Go to www.virtualdr.com and make the same post, you'll probably get better help. Go there for more info; they were really helpful when I had a virus problem on my PC.

Once it's fixed, don't forget to upgrade to SP2, and scan regularly :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 45
Get the free trial version of Webroot SpySweeper as well as the free personal version of adaware 1.06 and the latest Spybot Search&Destroy. Install them and update them completely and then restart the PC into safe mode (f8 at boot). In safe mode only certain drivers are loaded which puts the spyware at a disadvantage. In safe mode run all three one after the other and delete everything each finds and then restart into Windows. If this doesn't do it then google the name of the program thats running in your taskbar (where the volume control is) and look for specific instructions to remove it. Your certainly not the only one this has happened to and there will be others asking for help. Stop clicking on links on questionable sites and don't download anything unless you absolutely trust the site.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3410
To add to the medley of free scanners, http://housecall.trendmicro.com is a good one. Sometimes the virus can be so embedded, it's better to just reformat the computer.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 331
also, viruses sometimes have a habbit of hiding out in your system restore files. Many people do not know this, and don't turn the system restore off before doing a scan. If it finds the virus and deletes it, it will replicate itself from the restore files, and infect your computer all over again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us