Playback Warbled at 96KHz using Audacity ...

Bronze Member
Username: Blazingarrow74

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 53
Hey Everyone ... I am currently transfering to my computer, high-quality DVD Concert Music using the Audacity program and my Laptop Sound-Card (with Line-In and 24-Bit/96Khz Ability) ... However, whenever I record audio at 96Khz, the playback is always warbled, even when I lock my soundcard at that sample rate (96KHz) ...

I've tried the frequency 88.2KHz, and both recording and playback were perfect ... I use an Echo Indigo IO sound card and am absolutely sure that 96KHz sampling is suppoted in both recoding and playback ...

Is there something I do not know about sample rate compatabilities or something ? ... Audacity supports sample rates far beyond 96KHz (Up to 192KHz) so I am also sure it's not the software I am using that's causing conflict ... And I have more than enough RAM (1 GB), I'm sure, to allow the sample to run smoothly ... Any Insights or Help Are Greatly Apprecited !!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8380
I'm thinking copyright protection keeps you from ripping high quality.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 55
... Hey Berny !! ... thanks for your response ... but I thought copy-protection was only for digital I/Os ... yeno, the whole bit-for-bit thing ... I'm simply trying to capture an analog signal from my LP table and my DVD Concerts, so this shouldn't be an issue ... right ?

... After-All recording at 88.2 KHz works fine ... I'd just like to know why I can't get 96 KHz to work ... I know 88.2 is sufficient, shyt, 48 KHz is sufficient ... I'd just like to know how to get the best possible performance from my hardware and software if I ever choose to do so (a time like now) ...

... But thanks again Berny !!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8395
You are recording direct from a Phono output?

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 56
... Nope ... the out-going signal is the "Tape Monitor", a "Source-Direct" signal from my Stereo Reciever ... so the LP sound IS amplified properly if that's what you were wondering ... and DVDs are all analog-out (RCA Stereo: non-digital coax nor optic) ... likewise ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8417
Sorry Anselmo, I am likewise stumped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts