Good Graphics Card For Counter Strike Source

Username: Datatribe

Post Number: 1
I just bought Counter Strike Source and it sort of works. Its fast on small maps and REALLY slow on larger maps such as de_dust. My ping is normal (around 80). I think my problem is a graphics card. Any suggestions on a good one to get. The graphics card i have now is a Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family <--(whatever that means) Please help me

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 124
As far as I'm aware, that means you have an integrated graphics chip (correct me if I'm wrong).

Most dedicated graphics cards will be better if this is the case, but which one to get depends on how much money you want to spend. ATI stuff is nice (x1600, or x1800 or x1900, depending on the $$$).

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8418
The intel chip is indeed integrated. You want a different card. Try the NVIDIA 5500.

Username: Dracon

Post Number: 3
Almost anything will be better than integrated one.

Username: Viper435

United-States

Post Number: 2
Ya almost anything will be better than integrated so you might want to go for nvidia geforce 8800 gt or gts

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9140
Lol...Tom, this thread was started in June of 2006. You're right through, 8800GT is the way to go, it's the best bang for your buck. 9800GT is what it has been rebranded as.

Username: Viper435

United-States

Post Number: 3
OOOHHHHH!!!!!!! sorry didn't see the date, just found the subject instersesting.

Username: Christ649

Toronto, On Canada

Post Number: 9
4870x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts