I am trapped

Username: Kitten

Post Number: 1
i bought a computer from an auction , window never starts up. Everytime i turned it on it shows a blue screen error with following message :-

""""A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
REGISTRY_ERROR
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restatr your computer. if this screen appers again follow tthese steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation , ask your hardware software manufacturer any window updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer , press F8 to select advance start up options, and then select safe mode.

technical information:
*** STOP: 0X000000051 (0X00000003,0X00000003,0X00000000,0XE1413000)

Begining dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.""""

this message stays on screen only for 2-3 seconds and then system restarts again and same thing keeps on happening again and again,.. I cant understand what to do because i have no idea about system information.

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 109
Try Googling "registry_error", you'll find a lot of help that way. You should be able to find something that matches your symptoms, and this should help you use recovery console/whatever to get your computer up and going again :-)

Failing that, try posting on another forum, virtualdr.com has been good to me when I've had PC problems, or maybe someone more experienced here at ecoustics will be able to help you.

Good luck!!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3200
I would just reformat it if you didn't have any information on it worth saving.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 29
It's possible that the previous owner replaced something, like a power supply, on a machine that is proprietary (uses specific hardware to force you to buy from them). If its a Dell or eMachines or HP, they have their own brands of parts they use and you can't just buy something and plug it in there. The power supplies for instance have the same plug but the wiring is scrambled so you have to buy a supply from them and they charge you over $100 for a $25 cheapo supply. So the same would go for putting a new motherboard in and using the old supply, the scrambled wiring would make the machine go haywire. Try and figure out what was changed, does anything look too new compared to the rest of the insides? It is possible to remove and reposition the wiring from the power supply so that everything matches but it sure helps to have the original supply to view the color coding.

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 110
It could also be something as simple as a software problem, I'd do what Jexx said before cracking it open and fiddling about too much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us