What Motherboard to get??

Username: Squalllion1uk

GlasgowScotland

Post Number: 1
Hey right now im building myself a new computer but...

The Motherboard is ahh doing my head in!!
Im a gamer and for this system im building im going all out .

Ive got my eyes set on The Geforce 7800 GTX..
I want a motherboard that is gonna be able support my want of 4gig ram and a good FBS.

Im a AMD Athlon/ Nvidia guy so no intel or anything else, havent had great experinces with them.

So could some1 recommend a powerful motherboard?
hmm ill pay about £150 for mobo and im looking to go 64bit now ya know.

so please a good motherboard thats just gonna Pwn and a proccesor to go along with the Mobo :D

Username: Squalllion1uk

GlasgowScotland

Post Number: 2
Umm well ive found a mob and a chipset for it .

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual-Core plus Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI , and since im gonna so SLi im thinking about going for BFG Tech GeForce 7950 GX2 1GB Graphics Card for raw power :P. rather than just the 1 graphics card.

I have never been 1 for knowing much about OS so SHould I get the Windows XP Professional x64 ??

my budget is £1500.
Also lol i know im going off topic but any1 know any good coolers fans and so on?
any help what so ever would be great !
Thanks ALot :D

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 27
Two coolers that got good reviews in Maximum PC are the ThermalTake Blue Orb II and the Scythe Ninja Plus. Both got scores of 9 out of ten with the Blue orb II taking the honors. There were some issues with size, the Orb fins passed over the memory sticks on the test board and would not allow taller memory sticks and the scythe's fan (120mm) was only able to be mounted one way out of four directions but none of the issues were considered threatening.

Username: Spawn_2_extreme

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 8
For coolers, I suggest u go with Thermaltake Big Typhoon or zalman 9550, go with zalman if u want the lights, ur cpu and vid are good choice, but look into a DFI board, I work a computer store, and Asus boards are starting to get faulty. MSI is also a good brand. Also before u buy everything check what motherboards support that video card. Xp Pro is a good OS, if u want to save money go for Home, Pro is only useful if u want to run a network of more then 5 ppl. Just letting u know, don't bother about 64 bit OSes, there isn't much support for them yet, upgrade to 64 bit in 2 -3 years.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us