Using HDTV as PC monitor

Username: Bobbyart

Bangor, Down UK

Post Number: 1
Hi i rescently bought a TOSHIBA 32WL56 LCD HDTV for use with my Xbox 360 and decided why not use it with my PC.

My PC is currently running under Windows XP Home Edition, AMD Athlon 64 3800+, ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard, 1024 PC3200 RAM, 2x GeForce 6600GT in SLI configuration.

I've plugged the TV in via the HDMI port into one of my graphics cards DVI ports using a DVI to HDMI lead from 'BELKIN'.

I have used the nVIDIA Forceware drivers to set the TV to HDTV and 720p can go upto 1080i and used the overscan ability to center the picture on the screen. The desktop and anything running under the desktop works fine.

Now my problem is when i go to run any games they either dont start at all, or run in a resolution that i was using with old 15" CRT monitor and the picture overlaps outside of the screen. When i go to change resolution most games freeze and the PC will not responed.

I have contacted my PC's supplier helpline but all the advice they could give me was changing the resolution to the res im running the desktop or higher but seeing as most of the games i cant even get into to do that sounds abit crap to me.

And i game such as Far cry which has a configurator outside of the game it still didnt help!

Please i need help im i missing something!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us