Computer Restarting all the time......

Username: Tamara

Cornwall, PE Canada

Post Number: 1
I need help..... My computer is restarting all the time. I think it might be my Video card becasue im notiiceing pink lines across my sceen from time to time but im not sure.

Username: Iliyasfowzia

Chennai, Tamil nadu India

Post Number: 1
my system os in xp. it is always restarting how to solve this problem

Bronze Member
Username: Indigo_man

Post Number: 15
you can try resetting your comp. this way all the data will be lost but atleast you can still use ure comp...

Bronze Member
Username: Dmg025

Post Number: 16
i highly recomending researching the problem more before reinstalling everything. if you think its the video card you might want to try reinstalling the drivers (you can download them from the website)

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8381
Sounds like a virus problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Wanabtech

Post Number: 41
could also be restarting due to heat. All fans working? How long since you last cleaned it out? Try taking the cover off and using a can of compressed air on it. You probably will want to take it outside to do this.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2303
^^ i have never done that and mine works fine :-) never heard of needin to clean out computer, literally

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 40
I suggest you change your screen name from bassman3 to dusty.

Tammy Arsenault, If you think it maybe the video card (I doubt drivers would do this and how would you install new ones if the machine keeps rebooting) you can try to power off the comp (to be safe unplug it) open up and check the cards seating in the slot. try pushing it back in the slot sometimes older pci and agp cards can work themselves loose, newer motherboards changed the agp slot and added a locking lever because this was so common. Leave the case open and repower and start it up and if the card has fan cooling see if you can tell its moving OK, you can use a small mirror if its facing down and a light might help as well. The next suspect would probably be your power supply, especially if your comp is a dell or hp or emachines (or your video is on the motherboard not a card) that is past its warranty. These type of PC's use really cheap power supplies and they got you there because there proprietary (made special for their company) and can't be replaced with anything but one of theirs, which will cost you alot and will still be cheap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us